Monday, May 27, 2013

Skinny Pop as in pop corn

What?

Skinny "anything" usually gets our attention as consumers because we just can't have curves and weight right?  Wrong...to quote a popular street vernacular "curves is where its at" and weight gets the positive attention of others so I encourage you all to flaunt those attributes if you have them!  But that being said, after attending an event where I received a gift bag which included Skinny Pop as one of the featured items it got my attention because of the name.  I read the ingredients and saw:
  • Guilt free
  • Cholesterol free
  • Gluten free
  • Non GMO
  • Zero transfats
  • Good source of fiber
(photo courtesy of www26.netrition.com)
Skinny Pop Popcorn
This caught my attention as just another manufacturing trick to get me to eat something actually unhealthy and to appeal to mt ego of the secret desire to be skinny.  So after I tasted Skinny Pop I was pleasantly surprised that the flavor was superb, the perfect combination of salty, buttery, crunchy and light.  The funny thing is there is no butter in Skinny Pop at all! You get the natural flavor of the corn without ANY chemical enhancement.  The "flavor" comes from sunflower oil and dead sea salt.  It tastes better than any movie theater popcorn that I've had.  I was so impressed I reached out the the company asking them to grant me access to their product [as a blogger] so that I had time-over time-to savor it and share it with others.  This review is shamefully overdue but well worth the wait.  


I was in the theater last night watching the new Star Trek movie in IMAX 3-D.  As my friend got our pop corn I swear all I could think of was how fantastic it would be to be eating a bag of Skinny Pop right now.  I missed the experience and coveted my time with the product several months ago.  I've shared and eaten many bags of Skinny Pop and admit that I've never had that annoying kernel stuck between my gums and teeth.  I think it's because their process ensures that the whole kernel pop without leaving many shavings or unpopped kernels to get stuck in your teeth.  I embrace my curves and am NOT concerned about skinny anything.  However when it comes to the choice to be healthy taste does not have to be compromised in any way.  So I am a Skinny Pop woman for sure!!

I don't own a microwave therefore do not indulge in microwaved popcorn; and if I go to the theater I rarely purchase overpriced popcorn and I stay far away from their "butter flavored" toxic oil.  I tend to sneak snacks in - YEAH I SAID IT - which saves me money and keeps me incontrol as the gatekeeper of my own nutrition.  Because of my Skinny Pop experience I'm not only a fan but a consumer.  Is this high praise for a packaged product, yes.  After all it's just popcorn right? yes.  At 39 calories per serving, should you, on this Memorial Day holiday, purchase it to take with you to your BBQ, yes.  Will you be as pleasantly surprised as I was-YES.

To make you more of a believer here is an article that compares eating Skinny Pop to eating vegetables.  All I can try and hope to do is to encourage you to become a believer as well.  

Disclaimer: I received a shipment of Skinny Pop before writing this review, however as previously stated, I also received the product initially in a gift bag before contacting the manufacturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

map...

My drink...

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

des by


Blog elements designed by
Digital elements created by
Ashalee Wall Designs

"Time won't give you time..."

Logo

Archive

arch list

- cereal a Poem Amazing photos Award # 7 Award #1 Award #2 Award #3 Award #4 Award #5 Award #6 Black history month Blogging is a world. Brain Power Business Career slump CCC a worthwhile church to visit in NYC Challenges Choices Choices II Choices III CRRA Do the right thing Doing business with relatives - um not so much Dr. Terarai Trent E- books Eco Friendly Event Events Faith Favorite items Fight the power. Foreign film gadgets Get the hint buddy gluten free Gratitude in the small stuff Green event Happy New Year 2010 Health Health - cake Health - compost Health - coping Health - dark chocolate Health - food blogs Health - laundry detergent Health - memory Health - raw sweets Health - Shape-Ups Health - thoughts Health - trader joe's Health - your brain Heath Home page Humor inspiration Little known tips Make someone smile Mama Africa! Meditation Mensa quotes MLK holiday Movie quote Movie quotes Movie review movies music My other blog natural immunity Only time will reveal one's true character. Organizations Penmanship Product review Quote Quote me once quote me twice... Quotes that are worthy Quotes that are worthy part deux Random thoughts Rebuild Recycle review Review - holiday Shopping Silent Saturday Silent Saturday photos SITScation 2009 soda Stalking Stand Up Sustainable people Taking a break is good. taste buds tea Technology Tithe your time Toast to someone that you love. Toastmasters trash bags Trivial Pursuit Tuesday toast - Parenting isn't easy Tuesday Toast - pay it forward Tuesday toast - Public programming Tuesday toast - the underground Tuesday toast - who doesn't want to be a billionaire? volunteer wheat free Wood Instruments Wordle #1 Wordle #1 winners Wordle #2 Wordle #2 winner Wordle #3 Wordle #3 winner Wordle #4 Wordle #4 winner Wordle #5 Wordle #5 winner Wordle #6 You can do all things Your body is a temple