Monday, September 10, 2012

Tiger Blood?

Well... maybe definitely not.  But we are WINNERS for our club, I'm just sayin'.  Go Adventurers Club #7488!! We do rock!  We have the best mentors, evaluators and speakers.  From seasoned 17 year vets to newbies 5 to 12 months in.

Okay this past weekend there were four contests of which my club mate Marlon John and I competed in two of the four. We won for our district.  Marlon came in first place for his category [the humorous speech contest] he was over the top funny!! Outstanding job Marlon [a fellow New Yorker by the way]!  And I placed second in my category [the Evaluation contest].  No worries because next time my opponents are going DOWN!  LOL.  Seriously, this was a tough competition from every district that was represented; and was a fun experience.  Who knew that I would be rewarded for speaking, much less for speaking my opinion. Usually my opinion is a line of fire in which the super sensitive do not want to find themselves. What did we learn from my last post: state the facts, speak the truth [with filters]. I'm critical yet supportive, technical and on point by suggesting improvements.  Even the tricks the test speaker tried to toss in to stump us didn't get by your girl hawk eye ear. We were in isolation unable to hear our competitors evaluations.  They do that to eliminate cheating so, although I didn't get to hear my competition, I understand that Ruth [winner of the grand prize] a twenty year Toastmaster veteran was funny throughout her evaluation.  I placed second because I must learn to ramp up my humor.  People hear you but what makes your words stick is how they feel when you say what you say. So note to self, channel my inner Chris Rock/ nope too dirty Bill Cosby next time.  Got it, time to go into my cave... planning a speech for two weeks from now.  I must complete ten speeches to earn my CC credentials. CC= Competent Communicator.  I have three speeches left to give.  My personal best is to earn my CC before the next national holiday.


Love, Peace and Soul,

(Courtesy of Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment

map...

My drink...

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

des by


Blog elements designed by
Digital elements created by
Ashalee Wall Designs

"Time won't give you time..."

Logo

Archive

arch list

- cereal a Poem Amazing photos Award # 7 Award #1 Award #2 Award #3 Award #4 Award #5 Award #6 Black history month Blogging is a world. Brain Power Business Career slump CCC a worthwhile church to visit in NYC Challenges Choices Choices II Choices III CRRA Do the right thing Doing business with relatives - um not so much Dr. Terarai Trent E- books Eco Friendly Event Events Faith Favorite items Fight the power. Foreign film gadgets Get the hint buddy gluten free Gratitude in the small stuff Green event Happy New Year 2010 Health Health - cake Health - compost Health - coping Health - dark chocolate Health - food blogs Health - laundry detergent Health - memory Health - raw sweets Health - Shape-Ups Health - thoughts Health - trader joe's Health - your brain Heath Home page Humor inspiration Little known tips Make someone smile Mama Africa! Meditation Mensa quotes MLK holiday Movie quote Movie quotes Movie review movies music My other blog natural immunity Only time will reveal one's true character. Organizations Penmanship Product review Quote Quote me once quote me twice... Quotes that are worthy Quotes that are worthy part deux Random thoughts Rebuild Recycle review Review - holiday Shopping Silent Saturday Silent Saturday photos SITScation 2009 soda Stalking Stand Up Sustainable people Taking a break is good. taste buds tea Technology Tithe your time Toast to someone that you love. Toastmasters trash bags Trivial Pursuit Tuesday toast - Parenting isn't easy Tuesday Toast - pay it forward Tuesday toast - Public programming Tuesday toast - the underground Tuesday toast - who doesn't want to be a billionaire? volunteer wheat free Wood Instruments Wordle #1 Wordle #1 winners Wordle #2 Wordle #2 winner Wordle #3 Wordle #3 winner Wordle #4 Wordle #4 winner Wordle #5 Wordle #5 winner Wordle #6 You can do all things Your body is a temple