Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday toast - Public programming

Stone/Black NPR Cap

My radio goes off every morning blasting stories from NPR [National Public Radio]. I lay in bed for the next 30 to 45 minutes stretching, wiping my eyes open [well that part only takes 2 of the 30 minutes] and getting my daily dose of concentrated [albit  balmy] morning news.  NPR isn't exactly the AP real time news feed because they put their stories in rotation all day so if anyone listens to them they'll never actually miss a story. I've also discovered new recording artists like Aaron Parks by listening to them.  Much like blogging they have daily themes. To name a few: All Things Considered, Geo Quiz, The Treatment and The Business.  When I was employed, NPR was one of the public services to which I annually contributed. So cheers to you NPR!  One day I'll, again, be able to make a contribution during your bi-annual pledge drive. :-(

Also Sesame Street is 40 years old today and our fabulous first lady Mrs. Michelle Obama is going to appear to help them celebrate.

Michelle Obama on Sesame Street

Who doesn't love Sesame Street?  BTW, it was a story NPR that reminded me that SS was turning 40 today.  The Tony awards already honored SS earlier this year.  So to me both deserve our toast today, so cheers to you too Sesame Street!



Although the clip above doesn't show it, I'll always love the classic counting songs i.e., "three, three,three,three let's sing a song about three, how many is threeeeee?"  Okay stop laughing at me, you know you like those songs too. 'Nuf said.

Cheers!  Happy Tuesday.

8 comments:

  1. I think we were all influenced in some way by Sesame Street. I used to love Oscar the Grouch and requested a trash can for Christmas one year. Wound up with a Rubbermaid one though, instead of metal :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Grover...my fave by far!

    Thanks for the happy walk down memory lane today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NPR was what reminded me of the anniv. too! Loved that clip! C is for cookie, that's good enough for me...Now THAT one's in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know this one by my buddy Kermit?

    It's not that easy being green
    Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
    When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold
    Or something much more colorful like that

    It's not easy being green
    It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
    And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
    Not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
    Or stars in the sky

    But green's the color of Spring
    And green can be cool and friendly-like
    And green can be big like an ocean, or important
    Like a mountain, or tall like a tree

    When green is all there is to be
    It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why
    Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful
    And I think it's what I want to be

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMazing Sesame Street is still held near and dear after all these years. Probably will be for another 40 years. My kids love the show, as did I when I was a kid.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Maya quote and always a pleasure to see our First Lady. Thank you, Dale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there sweet girl! I am laughing with you and Sesame Street is near and dear to my heart. I noticed Google was featuring different characters and could not believe that SS was turning 40!!! I'm 37, so of course I grew up with this show. Let's see, my fav. characters ... Of course Bog Bird, then there is the Cookie Monster, Count Dracula and of course, Oscar the Grouch. Oh, I just love them all! Thanks for post on Sesame Street. Makes me a little homesick for my mom and grandmother now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Sesame Street! Such an honor to have the First Lady on!

    ReplyDelete

map...

My drink...

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

des by


Blog elements designed by
Digital elements created by
Ashalee Wall Designs

"Time won't give you time..."

Logo

Archive

arch list

- cereal a Poem Amazing photos Award # 7 Award #1 Award #2 Award #3 Award #4 Award #5 Award #6 Black history month Blogging is a world. Brain Power Business Career slump CCC a worthwhile church to visit in NYC Challenges Choices Choices II Choices III CRRA Do the right thing Doing business with relatives - um not so much Dr. Terarai Trent E- books Eco Friendly Event Events Faith Favorite items Fight the power. Foreign film gadgets Get the hint buddy gluten free Gratitude in the small stuff Green event Happy New Year 2010 Health Health - cake Health - compost Health - coping Health - dark chocolate Health - food blogs Health - laundry detergent Health - memory Health - raw sweets Health - Shape-Ups Health - thoughts Health - trader joe's Health - your brain Heath Home page Humor inspiration Little known tips Make someone smile Mama Africa! Meditation Mensa quotes MLK holiday Movie quote Movie quotes Movie review movies music My other blog natural immunity Only time will reveal one's true character. Organizations Penmanship Product review Quote Quote me once quote me twice... Quotes that are worthy Quotes that are worthy part deux Random thoughts Rebuild Recycle review Review - holiday Shopping Silent Saturday Silent Saturday photos SITScation 2009 soda Stalking Stand Up Sustainable people Taking a break is good. taste buds tea Technology Tithe your time Toast to someone that you love. Toastmasters trash bags Trivial Pursuit Tuesday toast - Parenting isn't easy Tuesday Toast - pay it forward Tuesday toast - Public programming Tuesday toast - the underground Tuesday toast - who doesn't want to be a billionaire? volunteer wheat free Wood Instruments Wordle #1 Wordle #1 winners Wordle #2 Wordle #2 winner Wordle #3 Wordle #3 winner Wordle #4 Wordle #4 winner Wordle #5 Wordle #5 winner Wordle #6 You can do all things Your body is a temple