Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Sitar - I read dead people!

 
(photos courtesy of Google)

I am a grown ass woman but I often think how wonderful it would be to have a mentor.  Not a life coach, not a therapist - although I feel those professions are great and that people who seek out theses forms of help are really smart to do so, but someone [a living breathing person] who is in my life for the long haul.  This person does not have to be local although that would be beneficial.  Nor does this person have to be a woman although that would be closer to my authentic experience.  I am talking about a person who has "tasted life," "been around the block," experienced committed love, unimaginable pain, tremendous loss, inexplicable joy, monumental success, and insurmountable resilience.

In my forty-something life, who comes close to what I seek have always been dead people - in the literal sense, not in the spiritual sense.  Although I believe their spirits do live on.  All of these people have been published in some way therefore their words comfort me.  Here is my list, sort of, but not necessarily in the order of my favorites:

  1. Paul Roberson
  2. Jane Austen
  3. Marcus Garvey
  4. Sacagawea
  5. W.E.B. Dubois
  6. Sally Hemmings
  7. Jesus
  8. Helen Keller
  9. Hsi Lai Bai Hu
  10. Frida Kahlo
  11. Dale Carnegie
  12. Paramahansa Yogananda
  13. Octavia Butler
This is my short list of popularly introspective people and when I read their works or think about their lives I want to think " If they've done it, I CAN DO IT TOO."  However in a manner of moments that thought leaves my spirit as fast as it enters my brain because my pain is with me at every moment my mind is always active-seldom being comforted.  I seek someone who will stick with me, who will understand me, who will love me, and correct me.  Someone who will hold my hand through the remainder of my life.  I know that sounds like a soul mate or spouse but no.  This is not my exclusive story because I have laughed, had success and still experience joy but in my forty-something journey I've experienced my fair amount of misunderstanding, ostracism, indifference, abandonment, deception, abuse and undermining by those who claimed to care about me and the result is that I'm still here, so in the meantime in between time, I do things like exercise, meditate, compel socialization, sharpen my public speaking skills and...

..I read dead people!

1 comment:

  1. share words of motivation
    One of the most evil than spreading slander are people who like to listen to them. Indeed, there will be no spreading slander if nothing is heard.
    may be useful and acceptable. Greetings and I wait behind the visit: D

    ReplyDelete

map...

My drink...

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

des by


Blog elements designed by
Digital elements created by
Ashalee Wall Designs

"Time won't give you time..."

Logo

Archive

arch list

- cereal a Poem Amazing photos Award # 7 Award #1 Award #2 Award #3 Award #4 Award #5 Award #6 Black history month Blogging is a world. Brain Power Business Career slump CCC a worthwhile church to visit in NYC Challenges Choices Choices II Choices III CRRA Do the right thing Doing business with relatives - um not so much Dr. Terarai Trent E- books Eco Friendly Event Events Faith Favorite items Fight the power. Foreign film gadgets Get the hint buddy gluten free Gratitude in the small stuff Green event Happy New Year 2010 Health Health - cake Health - compost Health - coping Health - dark chocolate Health - food blogs Health - laundry detergent Health - memory Health - raw sweets Health - Shape-Ups Health - thoughts Health - trader joe's Health - your brain Heath Home page Humor inspiration Little known tips Make someone smile Mama Africa! Meditation Mensa quotes MLK holiday Movie quote Movie quotes Movie review movies music My other blog natural immunity Only time will reveal one's true character. Organizations Penmanship Product review Quote Quote me once quote me twice... Quotes that are worthy Quotes that are worthy part deux Random thoughts Rebuild Recycle review Review - holiday Shopping Silent Saturday Silent Saturday photos SITScation 2009 soda Stalking Stand Up Sustainable people Taking a break is good. taste buds tea Technology Tithe your time Toast to someone that you love. Toastmasters trash bags Trivial Pursuit Tuesday toast - Parenting isn't easy Tuesday Toast - pay it forward Tuesday toast - Public programming Tuesday toast - the underground Tuesday toast - who doesn't want to be a billionaire? volunteer wheat free Wood Instruments Wordle #1 Wordle #1 winners Wordle #2 Wordle #2 winner Wordle #3 Wordle #3 winner Wordle #4 Wordle #4 winner Wordle #5 Wordle #5 winner Wordle #6 You can do all things Your body is a temple