Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Support your local ethnic markets



The 2012 Natural Products Expo West was a blessing in many ways.  The biggest way for me was the amount of education that I received about quite a number of solutions from hydration to aches and pain to nutrition to sleep patterns to the unmentionables. To breach a subject that many people will find as unpleasant as halitosis [bad breath] is apocrine bromhidrosis [under arm odor].  I am not pigpen or anything but I do notice when I am offending myself.  To combat arm odor I have heard everything from crystals, lemon juice to vinegar.  I threw away drug store deodorants years ago because of the harmful toxins in them.  Then I used a popular natural product that I do love, but that's a subject for another time.

First, I remember from junior high school science class that humans are supposed to sweat, so anti perspiration products are unhealthy and can be considered dangerous.  Our glands are mean to sweat to release bacteria.  Unfortunately that bacteria carries an odor.  For some a simple splash or a shower will not work alone so we reach for a product to remedy that issue.  The market for deodorants opened up because although our glands are working to rid our bodies of bacteria, we don't have to be offensive.  Second, arm odor is something that most people feel uncomfortable discussing and NO ONE will ever mention to you if you are the culprit of the offense.  Many under arm deodorants contain aluminum base and parabens which are included to preserve products.  You can read all about the harmful affects on he Internet however these products are not your only choices.  I love two products in particular that contain all natural ingredients without additional toxins. However this post only focuses on ONE of the two, a new discovery for me.  Milcu deodorant powder.  The other product I've used for several years and although it's very good I recently switched to Milcu because I visited their booth at the expo and first used their small sample pack because I will try most natural products to see if what they claim is true.  Also [full disclosure] the company kindly sent a full sized container for me to review.

Classic Deo 40 

Milcu is made from a natural anti bacterial mineral salt called potassium sulfate 12-Hydrate OR Tawas crystal.  It is milled to a fine powder similar to baby powder so I recommend application before you get dressed or the product will transfer to your clothing.  It comes in a tube container, a pressed powder container, and is odorless.  After one week of use I can confirm the fantastic claims of this product.  Southern California has experienced some of the highest temperatures on record this year and I am happy to report that although I do perspire in the heat, I experience no odor of any type even after 24 hours after application; daily shower to shower times.  This product has claims to combat foot odor as well.  However I don't experience foot odor [and never have] so I cannot personally make any claims on that.  But for those of you who do I highly recommend Milcu to you.  I am using the purple Magic Puff container and I must say that it contains a lot of product.  This will last me for at least 4 or 5 months because you don't need much to apply to do the job.  In fact it will last longer than that.

This product can be found in most Filipino stores [Google to find one nearest you] or through their on line store here.  For the amount of product that you get and the benefits you receive, the price point is competitive in the $7 - $10 range.  Milcu has been around since 1958 and is marketed to both men and women through their packaging.  The product inside of the containers is exactly the same but the "Magic Puff" is marketed to women and girls as the "Sports Deodorant" and "Magic Puff for Men" is marketed to men and boys.  Notice the difference in the colors and containers. The purple container has a beauty puff to shake and dispense the product under your arm.  The tube dispenses like baby powder with a twist cap top to shake.  In fact THAT is the only flaw, no manufacturer has figured out how to make fine powder application easy and clean.  Other than that I believe you will be monumentally happy that this product does eliminate odor.  In fact their tag line is "Odor away!  Fresh all day!"  The original all natural body deodorant.
Magic Puff      Sports Deo         Magic Puff Men
If any of you decide to try it, leave a comment on this post so that I can share it with the manufacturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

map...

My drink...

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

des by


Blog elements designed by
Digital elements created by
Ashalee Wall Designs

"Time won't give you time..."

Logo

Archive

arch list

- cereal a Poem Amazing photos Award # 7 Award #1 Award #2 Award #3 Award #4 Award #5 Award #6 Black history month Blogging is a world. Brain Power Business Career slump CCC a worthwhile church to visit in NYC Challenges Choices Choices II Choices III CRRA Do the right thing Doing business with relatives - um not so much Dr. Terarai Trent E- books Eco Friendly Event Events Faith Favorite items Fight the power. Foreign film gadgets Get the hint buddy gluten free Gratitude in the small stuff Green event Happy New Year 2010 Health Health - cake Health - compost Health - coping Health - dark chocolate Health - food blogs Health - laundry detergent Health - memory Health - raw sweets Health - Shape-Ups Health - thoughts Health - trader joe's Health - your brain Heath Home page Humor inspiration Little known tips Make someone smile Mama Africa! Meditation Mensa quotes MLK holiday Movie quote Movie quotes Movie review movies music My other blog natural immunity Only time will reveal one's true character. Organizations Penmanship Product review Quote Quote me once quote me twice... Quotes that are worthy Quotes that are worthy part deux Random thoughts Rebuild Recycle review Review - holiday Shopping Silent Saturday Silent Saturday photos SITScation 2009 soda Stalking Stand Up Sustainable people Taking a break is good. taste buds tea Technology Tithe your time Toast to someone that you love. Toastmasters trash bags Trivial Pursuit Tuesday toast - Parenting isn't easy Tuesday Toast - pay it forward Tuesday toast - Public programming Tuesday toast - the underground Tuesday toast - who doesn't want to be a billionaire? volunteer wheat free Wood Instruments Wordle #1 Wordle #1 winners Wordle #2 Wordle #2 winner Wordle #3 Wordle #3 winner Wordle #4 Wordle #4 winner Wordle #5 Wordle #5 winner Wordle #6 You can do all things Your body is a temple