Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday Toast - other things that I love

IMP0060017 -
Food service - Farm Fresh To You.  An organic food home delivery service that is only available in California right now.  You can order fruits & vegetables in any way you like: all of one or the other, more of one or just one genre.  I have used them and was completely satisfied with the delivery process [right to my front door as advertised], the quality of their produce and the price, Less than $20.00 for my first order of a medium mixed box.  I like not having to spend my entire wad in a designer market [Whole Paycheck as it is affectionately called].  With Farm Fresh, I'm figuring out a future delivery schedule and price point that's just right for me.

Music - The soundtrack to The Bridges of Madison County.  With artists such as Dinah Washington, Johnny Hartman, Hal Mooney and His Orchestra, Barbara Lewis, and Irene Kral w/ the Junior Mance Trio. And anything Nat King Cole. Man oh man.  Good stuff.

Movies - [But not limited to] Hero [aka Ying xiong] and The Red Violin.  Visually beautiful and complicated stories that draw you in like a moth to a flame.

Gadgets - From Amazon, I recently downloaded the Kindle for the PC FOR FREE.  This program is available for the following operating systems:Windows 7, Vista and XP.  At some point I plan to acquire the Kindle DX for my tooling about town and for my travels however for now this version is tres cool.

One of my favorite things to do is read in bed.  I have wireless service in my home so it's a joy to bring my PC to bed with me, this way I can finish books without being frustrated about not being able to hold them open with two hands and then losing my place.  I place the PC on my lap, adjust the backlight and font size [I don't bring my glasses to bed] and I'm out of my head for a few hours.  Post stroke, before I downloaded this software I'd only read an average of 12 books per year.  Now I look forward to increasing that amount.  Jeff Bezos and his team are currently working on versions for the MAC, iPhones and Blackberry devices. I know, it's crazy.

The only negative I foresee about this invention is spending discretionary money on books just because the Kindle can hold something like 5,000 books.  Books for the Kindle are so easy to download [3 seconds or less] and cheap to purchase [$9.00 was the most expensive download so far].  This is addictive like tattoos and piercings.  Trust, I have folks in my life who are tatted and pierced up.  The general consensus is these body adornments are quite addictive.  But I digress.

I got excited and downloaded 4 books in a row.  Boom, boom, boom, boom.  The Kindle for the PC gets two thumbs up!

So cheers to all of the above mentions!

[Disclaimer: I feel like I need to say this every time so - I am not being compensated by any of the manufactures/companies above in any way, I'm simply a fan.]

5 comments:

  1. I am not sure how I feel about the kindle. I love the smell of a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't figure out if I'd like a non paper book. I love reading in bed and turning the pages!

    Oh, I watched The Red Violin twice, stunningly beautiful film!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am putting Kindle on my netbook RIGHT NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whole Paycheck?! I laugh every time I think about that. (Can you tell I'm an east coast girl?) It is, indeed, Whole Paycheck.

    We call Costco the "Three Hundred Dollar Club" because that is the minimum we spend there on our once monthly shopping trip....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh...did not know about the Kindle for PC! Thx for the heads up :-)

    Have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete

map...

My drink...

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

des by


Blog elements designed by
Digital elements created by
Ashalee Wall Designs

"Time won't give you time..."

Logo

Archive

arch list

- cereal a Poem Amazing photos Award # 7 Award #1 Award #2 Award #3 Award #4 Award #5 Award #6 Black history month Blogging is a world. Brain Power Business Career slump CCC a worthwhile church to visit in NYC Challenges Choices Choices II Choices III CRRA Do the right thing Doing business with relatives - um not so much Dr. Terarai Trent E- books Eco Friendly Event Events Faith Favorite items Fight the power. Foreign film gadgets Get the hint buddy gluten free Gratitude in the small stuff Green event Happy New Year 2010 Health Health - cake Health - compost Health - coping Health - dark chocolate Health - food blogs Health - laundry detergent Health - memory Health - raw sweets Health - Shape-Ups Health - thoughts Health - trader joe's Health - your brain Heath Home page Humor inspiration Little known tips Make someone smile Mama Africa! Meditation Mensa quotes MLK holiday Movie quote Movie quotes Movie review movies music My other blog natural immunity Only time will reveal one's true character. Organizations Penmanship Product review Quote Quote me once quote me twice... Quotes that are worthy Quotes that are worthy part deux Random thoughts Rebuild Recycle review Review - holiday Shopping Silent Saturday Silent Saturday photos SITScation 2009 soda Stalking Stand Up Sustainable people Taking a break is good. taste buds tea Technology Tithe your time Toast to someone that you love. Toastmasters trash bags Trivial Pursuit Tuesday toast - Parenting isn't easy Tuesday Toast - pay it forward Tuesday toast - Public programming Tuesday toast - the underground Tuesday toast - who doesn't want to be a billionaire? volunteer wheat free Wood Instruments Wordle #1 Wordle #1 winners Wordle #2 Wordle #2 winner Wordle #3 Wordle #3 winner Wordle #4 Wordle #4 winner Wordle #5 Wordle #5 winner Wordle #6 You can do all things Your body is a temple