Friday, October 30, 2009

Thoughtful Thursdays and Funny Fridays

Rant alert, this post is a tad long since I missed yesterdays theme.

Yesterday, I wasn't feeling a theme but today I'm retroactively feeling that Thursdays should be thoughtful.  So below is what I would have written yesterday if I were feeling it.

Mi madre', Yvonne Ottley, sent an email to me that seemed appropriate for Thoughtful Thursdays it has positive answers to our often negative minds.  Since my mom knows that my mind tends to go to a darker more negative place, it was great of her to forward this chart to me.  She really knows me.  I love you mom and thanks for always encouraging me in your subtle and not so subtle ways.  My mom is a lovely 72 and she has recently started blogging so please click on her name to visit her blog link encourage her and be encouraged.


HANDY LITTLE CHART - GOD HAS A POSITIVE ANSWER:  
YOU SAY
GOD SAYS
BIBLE VERSES
You say:  'It's impossible'
God says:   All things are possible
(Luke 18:27)
You say:  'I'm too tired'
God says:  I will give you rest
(Matthew 11:28-30)
You say:  'Nobody really loves me'
God says:  I love you
(John 3:1   6 & John 3:34 )
You say:  'I can't go on'
God says:  My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
You say:  'I can't figure things out'
God says:  I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5-   6)
You say:  'I can't do it'
God says:  You can do all things
( Phil ippians 4:13)
You say:  'I'm not able'
God says:  I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)
You say: 'It's not worth it'
God says:  It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28 )
You say:  'I can't forgive my self'
God says:  I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
You say:  'I can't manage'
God says:  I will supply all your needs
( Phil ippians 4:19)
You say:  'I'm afraid'
God says:  I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)
You say:  'I'm always worried and frustrated'
God says:  Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)
You say:  'I'm not smart enough'
God says:  I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)
You say:  'I feel all alone'
God says:  I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)
______________________________________________________________________________

Okay, catching up, today I'm starting Funny Fridays where I'll recount a personal story, share a [clean] joke or invite a guest to share a humorous post with us.  Today's Funny Friday is courtesy of my dad Wayne Leslee Ottley.  Thanks Paj, I love you much man, I get your sense of humor.


Don't take life so seriously!







DANCE



















KISS A LOT!













RELAX IN NATURE 













HAVE FUN 


AND BE HAPPY!!!!   



Make sure you scroll all 
the way down 
and read what is written.







Today is International 
Disturbed People's Day




Please send an encouraging 
message to a disturbed friend...








I don't care if you lick windows,
take the special bus
or occasionally pee on yourself...
You hang in there sunshine, 
you're special











Every sixty seconds you spend angry,
 upset or mad, 
is a full minute of happiness 
you'll never get back.







Today's Message of the Day is:


Life is short, Break the rules, 
Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, 
Laugh uncontrollably, 
And never regret anything that made you smile..


















2 comments:

  1. Very uplifting. Breaking the rules is very freeing!! And laughter - gotta have it!

    p.s. maybe you can shrink the font a bit so the whole quote can fit in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chart! What a great thing.

    ReplyDelete

map...

My drink...

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

des by


Blog elements designed by
Digital elements created by
Ashalee Wall Designs

"Time won't give you time..."

Logo

Archive

arch list

- cereal a Poem Amazing photos Award # 7 Award #1 Award #2 Award #3 Award #4 Award #5 Award #6 Black history month Blogging is a world. Brain Power Business Career slump CCC a worthwhile church to visit in NYC Challenges Choices Choices II Choices III CRRA Do the right thing Doing business with relatives - um not so much Dr. Terarai Trent E- books Eco Friendly Event Events Faith Favorite items Fight the power. Foreign film gadgets Get the hint buddy gluten free Gratitude in the small stuff Green event Happy New Year 2010 Health Health - cake Health - compost Health - coping Health - dark chocolate Health - food blogs Health - laundry detergent Health - memory Health - raw sweets Health - Shape-Ups Health - thoughts Health - trader joe's Health - your brain Heath Home page Humor inspiration Little known tips Make someone smile Mama Africa! Meditation Mensa quotes MLK holiday Movie quote Movie quotes Movie review movies music My other blog natural immunity Only time will reveal one's true character. Organizations Penmanship Product review Quote Quote me once quote me twice... Quotes that are worthy Quotes that are worthy part deux Random thoughts Rebuild Recycle review Review - holiday Shopping Silent Saturday Silent Saturday photos SITScation 2009 soda Stalking Stand Up Sustainable people Taking a break is good. taste buds tea Technology Tithe your time Toast to someone that you love. Toastmasters trash bags Trivial Pursuit Tuesday toast - Parenting isn't easy Tuesday Toast - pay it forward Tuesday toast - Public programming Tuesday toast - the underground Tuesday toast - who doesn't want to be a billionaire? volunteer wheat free Wood Instruments Wordle #1 Wordle #1 winners Wordle #2 Wordle #2 winner Wordle #3 Wordle #3 winner Wordle #4 Wordle #4 winner Wordle #5 Wordle #5 winner Wordle #6 You can do all things Your body is a temple