Saturday, March 6, 2010

God Winks

God has the cutest ways to let us know that he hasn't forgotten about us.  He'll send someone our way to be kind, a phone call will come just as we need it or we'll read something so RIGHT ON TIME with your thoughts that no doubts or questions have room to enter in.

Over the past few days there have been a parade of God winks in my life. For a long time, I thought that God had forgotten about me, and then a peaceful thought came to me "Remember who you are!" This thought came out of the blue as I was comfortable in my negative self talk.  When life blind sides me I feel like my radar should have been razor sharp.  Having a stroke in my sleep and surviving that trauma is no small life event to overcome.

Everything was interrupted: confidence, esteem, drive, career, personal life, everything!  All the traits that made me ME turned topsy. But then a whispering in my spirit came to me one day, stating "Remember who you are.  You are who I SAID that you are.  You can have the things I SAID that you can have.  MY WORD is alive and active.  I never speak things into the atmosphere that don't come to pass.  When your negativity rises in your thoughts/actions just stop a moment to remember who you are in me.  Live that truth every day and keep watch."

I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag too soon about what's going on in my life so THAT will have to be a separate post. And since I'll most likely be busy with Academy Award parties tomorrow, here is my Sitar a day early.

Saturday [usually Sunday] Sitar.
I've been reading many publications about personal development.  If we stop working on ourselves we become uninteresting.  While I don't mean to be the conscience for others at all, I do mean for people to have a pleasant experience whenever they encounter me.  Light after all is better than darkness.  Although darkness, like all things, has it's purpose it just has no purpose with me.  Was that corny?

Well regardless, I literally stumbled upon the writings of Jiddu Krishnamurti who was widely known for his philosophical and spiritual thoughts and teachings.  He rejected the notion of being a guru or leader, which I admire.  All that he wanted was to think critically about things that concern all of us every day.  He pointed to the need for bringing to our daily lives a deeply meditative and spiritual quality.  He was not interested in beginning a movement.  Because I find his thought process interesting I'd like to share just a few excerpts of his philosophies on Skillfulness and Clarity from his book The Wholeness of Life.

We have become very skillful in dealing with our daily life; skillful, in the sense of being clever in applying a great deal of knowledge which we have acquired through education and experience.


...skill becomes, through repetitive action, routine.  Skill, when it is highly developed – as it should be – leads to self-importance and self-aggrandizement. Skill has brought us to our present state, not only technologically, but in our relationships, in the way we deal with each other – not clearly, not with compassion, but with skill. 


Is there an action, in our daily life, which is skillful yet which does not perpetuate the self, the me, which does not give importance to one’s self-centered existence?  To answer that one has to inquire into what clarity is; when there is clarity there is action which is skillful and which does not perpetuate the self.


Clarity exists only when there is freedom to observe. One is only capable of observing, looking, watching, when there is complete and total freedom; otherwise there is always distortion in the observation.


As long as there is the center as the me, every action must be distorted. Acting from a center you’re giving a direction, and that direction is distortion. You may develop a great skill in this way but it is always unbalanced, inharmonious. Now, can consciousness with its movement undergo a radical transformation, a transformation not brought about by will. Will is desire, desire for something and when there is desire there is a motive, which is again a distorting factor in observation.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. YOWZA!! I love, love, love the term, "God Winks"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Did you get that I love it?


    I fully agree with this post. You are in tune with your spiritual side and I love, love, love that piece of you!


    And the picture of the sitar.....Ravi Shankar and all.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. awaiting letting cat out of bag. Will it be soon???]

    Seriously though, I'm happy things are looking up. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peaceful greetings. Well done. Thank you for sharing your journey. I'm curious to know how your approach to skillfullness is evolving. I'm sending you good energy and look forward to more sharing . . .

    ReplyDelete

map...

My drink...

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

des by


Blog elements designed by
Digital elements created by
Ashalee Wall Designs

"Time won't give you time..."

Logo

Archive

arch list

- cereal a Poem Amazing photos Award # 7 Award #1 Award #2 Award #3 Award #4 Award #5 Award #6 Black history month Blogging is a world. Brain Power Business Career slump CCC a worthwhile church to visit in NYC Challenges Choices Choices II Choices III CRRA Do the right thing Doing business with relatives - um not so much Dr. Terarai Trent E- books Eco Friendly Event Events Faith Favorite items Fight the power. Foreign film gadgets Get the hint buddy gluten free Gratitude in the small stuff Green event Happy New Year 2010 Health Health - cake Health - compost Health - coping Health - dark chocolate Health - food blogs Health - laundry detergent Health - memory Health - raw sweets Health - Shape-Ups Health - thoughts Health - trader joe's Health - your brain Heath Home page Humor inspiration Little known tips Make someone smile Mama Africa! Meditation Mensa quotes MLK holiday Movie quote Movie quotes Movie review movies music My other blog natural immunity Only time will reveal one's true character. Organizations Penmanship Product review Quote Quote me once quote me twice... Quotes that are worthy Quotes that are worthy part deux Random thoughts Rebuild Recycle review Review - holiday Shopping Silent Saturday Silent Saturday photos SITScation 2009 soda Stalking Stand Up Sustainable people Taking a break is good. taste buds tea Technology Tithe your time Toast to someone that you love. Toastmasters trash bags Trivial Pursuit Tuesday toast - Parenting isn't easy Tuesday Toast - pay it forward Tuesday toast - Public programming Tuesday toast - the underground Tuesday toast - who doesn't want to be a billionaire? volunteer wheat free Wood Instruments Wordle #1 Wordle #1 winners Wordle #2 Wordle #2 winner Wordle #3 Wordle #3 winner Wordle #4 Wordle #4 winner Wordle #5 Wordle #5 winner Wordle #6 You can do all things Your body is a temple