**Random Blog alert!!**
One thing that I do sometimes is remember great quotes from films that I love and recite them to friends, or incorporate them into conversations that I have. When I get the deer in headlights response, I reference the films from where the plagiarized part of my conversation comes. And I either get a chuckle or crickets.
One time [*at band camp] a coworker and I were on location on a film in Utah that was sooo not fun. We were so stressed, tired, far from home, and punchy [without the pleasure of inebriation] that we carried on an entire conversation of nothing but movie quotes from "Trading Places." It was silly fun. And it went on for hours. Try it sometime. Maybe not so much at work. But try it sometime!
Here are my top 10 quotes: **warning my taste in films is all over the place** Just in case you were wondering #8 is my all time favorite movie quote. Because it's something I would say.
- Love is not a feeling, Mr. Burns. It's an ability.
- I don't want to go out with the pig... face.
- Looking good, Billy Ray! Feeling good, Louis!
- In Philadelphia, it's worth 50 bucks.
- Your uselessness is epic.
- I can sing while I read, I am singing and reading both.
- Ok, I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time.
- You know, I think I understand what you're like now. You're very beautiful and you think men are only interested in you because you're beautiful, but you want them to be interested in you because you're you. The problem is, aside from all that beauty, you're not very interesting. You're rude, you're hostile, you're sullen, you're withdrawn. I know you want someone to look past all that at the real person underneath but the only reason anyone would bother to look past all that is because you're beautiful. Ironic, isn't it? In an odd way you're your own problem.
- I can't have a baby because I have a 12:30 lunch meeting
- Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
- HERE'S A BONUS - To hell with sex! It was better than sex! We held each other! What I needed, he gave me great.
*the band camp reference is from "American Pie" for those who didn't get it.
And there you have it.